Finally! Telefonica have completed the long overdue Adsl upgrade on our telephone line. I asked to get put onto the 3 Mbps service, and after the upgrade I am now syncing at around 2.1 Mbps. Not too bad considering; my line attenuation is about 52dB now on ADSL2+, which seems to have got better. However, my noise margin is the limiting factor here: only 5.5 dB, so effectively my line won’t go any faster unless the margin improves away from the 6 dB target.
If you are looking to upgrade your telefonica ADSL in Spain, without speaking to anyone in spanish, then see my previous posts on the subject…. I explain how I managed to do it by email.