We have a house in Mallorca (Spain), and for the past 3 years have had Telefonica’s ‘Basic ADSL’ with speeds of up to 1 mbps.
However, it is very slow to do anything with downloading or using it with other people at the same time. So for the past week I have been trying to upgrade the line on their website, Movistar.es.
After creating an account and registering it to my line, I tried to upgrade online. Their website is impossible to use, and it wasn’t because it was in spanish. The only option was to upgrade to their 10mbps line, which I’m not even sure is available where we are (would need ADSL2+)
I have waited nearly 4 days for anything to happen. I got my email confirmation the instant I hit ‘Upgrade’, but since then nothing has happened, and on their website it appears as though nothing has happened on my Account page.
We’ll have to wait and see…
[UPDATE: As in my more recent post, it turned out this upgrade wasn’t possible]